Chiropractor Supervised Stress Management
Absolutely no one is free from stress. It hides under household bills, hovers over ailing loved ones, lurks around workspaces, and creeps up on homework assignments. It’s inevitable, and to those who experience it in moderation and manage it in healthy ways, it can be a motivating force in life.
Individuals who are overwhelmed by it or who lack the appropriate coping skills, however, can become crippled by it. Fortunately, the team at Raleigh Specific Chiropractic can help. We specialize in stress management, and can assist you with assessing its effects on your body. After a thorough evaluation, we will perform the necessary adjustments in any number of visits required to obtain relief. During these visits, we will also present a number of other stress management techniques, including:
- Thinking positively. This certainly requires some practice, and involves identifying negative thoughts and replacing them with positive, productive ones.
- Aromatherapy. The sense of smell is more pertinent to day-to-day life than many people realize. It is useful for managing pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and other stress-related issues. Lavender and orange aromas are especially effective.
- Enjoying some tea. Research indicates that consuming tea for a minimum of 6 weeks increases the ability to relax and lowers cortisol, which is directly related to stress.
- Building a solid support network. This is vital to stress management! Loneliness is stressful, which can increase blood pressure. Conversely, research indicates that active, social seniors are at reduced risks of Alzheimer’s and dementia. A basic support system can even help individuals with cancer boost their immune systems.
- Enjoying nature. A fundamental appreciation of nature is becoming less and less common in our age of convenience and technology. However, interacting with nature can nurture spiritual well-being and lessen stress to the nervous system, aggression, and issues with attention.
These are just a few of the options available to help you reduce and cope with the stress in your life. Music, humor, exercise, massage, and meditation are additional options our staff will address with you. If your quality of life has suffered, our team at Raleigh Specific Chiropractic can help. The professional staff is knowledgeable, experienced, and fully licensed. Schedule an appointment online, or give us a call at (919) 846-7004.