How Can A Chiropractor Help You?
Chiropractic health wellness is not only essential for those already diagnosed with spinal problems. In fact, common problems can be associated with or a result of underlying spinal problems that you haven’t even discovered. Seeking chiropractic therapy is not only an essential part of solving existing or sudden back pain or problems. It is in fact an essential part of preventing future problems.
- Neck Pain – discomfort in the neck area; often a result of a disorder in the neck
- Back Pain – pain in the lower or upper back area; often a result of underlying medical conditions; characterized by dull continuous pain & tenderness of the muscles in the back region
- Shoulder Pain – any pain around or in the shoulder joint; often due to injury or disease
- Hip Pain – pain around or in the hip joint; often due to injury or disease
The proper chiropractic treatment of pain is essential in alleviating & preventing all these types of pain. However, pain in these areas are a result of injury. If not caused by injury, it could be associated with an underlying medical condition.
What An Auto Accident Can Do:
- Lead to immediate pain & injury
- Cause ongoing stiffness, soreness or pain in different areas of the body
- Lead to residual pain including migraines, tingling, numbness, etc.
Any accident can result in pain & injury. Even smaller scale accidents could cause trauma to the body. Pain may not be immediate, so it is best to be medically evaluated and cleared before assuming all is well. The longer the injury or even minor pain goes without proper chiropractic treatment, the more likely it is to cause you further issues down the road.
Chiropractic Treatment Can Help With:
- Asthma – is often referred to as an allergic disorder of the respiratory system associated with wheezing, difficulty breathing, coughing & constriction in the chest. Relaxation & adjustment of the neck & neck muscles improve respiratory function. This is due to the close relationship between the spine, nerves & respiratory system. These methods improve & restore the nerve function of the muscles.
- Carpal Tunnel – is the compression of nerves in the carpal tunnel, often associated with weakness, pain & lack of sensation in hands and fingers. Chiropractic joint manipulation & strengthening can help prevent & treat this disorder.
- Fibromyalgia – is widespread pain, tenderness & stiffness of muscles & tissue structures often associated with fatigue, headache & the inability to sleep. Chiropractic care can help treat pressure point pain & reduce pain levels to help increase cervical & lumbar ranges of motion.
- Colic – is the abdominal pain & cramping in infants often associated with irritability, crying, rigid abdomens & the drawing up of its legs. Vertebral subluxations are an excellent therapeutic means for infantile colic.
- Headache / Migraine – is pain in any region of the head that can be described as sharp, throbbing, or even dull in sensation. Migraines are often associated with nausea, vomiting & sensitivity to light or sound. Chiropractic adjustments & manipulation are proven to be effective with the treatment of headaches and migraines.
- Neuropathy – nerve problems & damage often associated with underlying medical conditions. Chiropractors can relieve nerve pressure through spinal adjustments.
- Pinched Nerves – a spasm & inflammation of muscles caused by a compressed nerve. Chiropractic therapy, exercise & subluxation can help treat this condition.
- Stress – is the wear and tear on your body from anxiety, tension, exhaustion & everyday challenges. Stress can cause nerve irritation alone the spine, shoulder, neck, etc. Chiropractic treatment can helps release stress & stimulate the restoration of body self-healing through stress management exercises.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – is caused by damaged vertebral discs. Treatment may include spinal adjustments that help improve the function of the discs.
- Herniated or Slipped Disc – is the abnormal protrusion of spinal discs between vertebrae in which causes pressure to the nerves. Through spinal manipulation, or adjustments, symptoms can be alleviated.
- Numbness & Tingling – the loss of sensation, or abnormal prickly sensation, that results in the loss of sensitivity of your nerves. Proper chiropractic therapy aims to eliminate irritation & restore proper function of the nerves.
- Sciatica – is when the sciatic, or radicular, nerve in the lower back is irritated or pinched by a lower back disorder. Stretches, deep tissue massages & chiropractic care can relieve sciatica pain.
- Bedwetting – the lack of bladder control often caused by stress, abuse or disease. Chiropractic care can help remove irritation to the nerves that control the bladder function.
- Ear Infections – can be detected by ear pain, fever & irritability. Restoring natural drainage of ears & neck lymphatics through chiropractic treatment can help treat those with frequent ear infections.
- Whiplash – is the sudden hyperextension followed by hyperflexion of the neck often resulting in injury, pain, headache, etc. Through spinal manipulation a chiropractor can restore the normal position & range of motion of the spine.
Chiropractic Health During Pregnancy
Pregnancy wellness & routine care is essential. Chiropractic wellness during pregnancy is no exception. In order to avoid unneeded pressure on the abdomen, while establishing pelvic balance & alignment proper chiropractic therapy is needed. This therapy helps to keep the entire body working effectively during pregnancy, while helping promote a natural birthing process.
Chiropractic Nutrition & Wellness
Doctors of chiropractic urge patients to balance their diet, exercise, take nutritional supplements & drink plenty of water. Of course limiting alcohol intake & eliminating smoking are a given, as they hinder your body’s ability to absorb nutrients.
Chiropractors study nutrition. Nutrition is vital for the health & maintenance of your body. Losing valuable vitamins in your diet can result in back pain, osteoporosis, toxic fat & so much more. In fact, chiropractors learn more about nutrition than most medical doctors.
Proper nutrition leads to wellness & the natural healing of your organs. As chiropractors, we are here to help you enhance and optimize your health. The education & training that chiropractors are taught, is not just about treatment and management of disease, it is about the commitment to health & wellness.
Health is more than being without pain or having no current symptoms. It ultimately means that your body is restored to its natural state & in optimal health. It is about continuing to sustain your health throughout your lifestyle to extend the longevity of being pain free.